Maybe you have been wanting to organize your walk-in closet for a very long time, but you honestly haven't had the time to do that. If you're one of the millions who can't into your workplace because of the coronavirus, one of the first things on your to-do list may have been to order a custom closet system.
Maybe you are looking for tips on how best to organize the closet before you place your order. If so, read on for some ideas that might prove to be very helpful.
Declutter Your Closet First
Even before you order your custom closet system, go through everything in your closet and get rid of things that could best be kept somewhere else. For instance, you may have important documents or files tucked away in your closet. Do they really need to be stored there? What about your suitcases?
Order Your Custom Closet Systems
Once you have a firm picture of how you want your closet to look, you might end up ordering different components of the organization items from different companies.
- For example, maybe you like one system that includes space for hanging slacks, dresses, skirts, and blouses together.
- Another custom closet company might have a cabinet with glass windows so that you can easily see what you have placed on the shelves.
- Add some elegance to your closet by ordering a beautiful cupboard where you can store accessories like belts, scarves, and shawls.
- Don't forget to order a system that will make it easy for you to see your collection of shoes and purses.
- From one company you might order wire baskets that can hold things like socks and underwear.
Develop A System Of Your Own
Once your custom closet systems have arrived, think of how you want to store your personal belongings.
- One idea is to hang your blouses according to color.
- Hang long things, like dresses, at one end.
- Next to the dresses place long slacks.
- Skirts could follow the slacks, with longer skirts before your mini-skirts.
- And finally, your capris could be at the end.
Even though you will have established a beautifully organized closet, think of maintaining that order by choosing one day each week to straighten things out. For instance, you might have been in a hurry when you put a red blouse in with the white ones. Take care of those little things to keep your custom closet looking great.
For more information, contact a custom closet organization system service.